Shaw Living is proud to announce the new service line of medical nutrition therapy; an essential component of comprehensive health care.
Comprehensive Nutrition Assessment
A registered dietitian nutritionist is available to counsel patients on behavioral and lifestyle changes required to allow nutrition to impact long-term health. The dietitian nutritionist will perform a comprehensive nutrition assessment, plan and implement nutrition interventions and provide continuous monitoring during subsequent visits.
Why schedule a nutrition consultation?
- Treatment and prevention of chronic diseases
- Weight loss or gain
- You are planning bariatric surgery
- Digestive issues
- Improve overall nutrition and health
- Pregnant or nursing
- Assistance with meal planning
- Vegetarian or vegan
- Food allergies or sensitivities
- Chronic fatigue and lack of energy
- Caring for an aging loved one
- Assist with wound care
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
Path to Improved Health
Do you have a health problem or risk factors, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or high cholesterol? Changing your eating habits can be hard, let us help by scheduling a consultation today.
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Medical Nutrition Therapy is available for anyone desiring a healthy lifestyle and for the treatment of a variety of diseases and conditions including:
- Diabetes: Type 1, Type 2, Gestational
- Cardiovascular Disease: hypertension, dyslipidemia, congestive heart failure
- Digestive Disease: celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome
- Nutritional Support: oral, enteral, parenteral
- Pediatrics: Infant/child feeding, failure to thrive, overweight/obesity
- Weight Management: overweight/obesity, bariatric surgery, eating disorders
- Renal Disease: renal insufficiency, chronic failure, transplantation
- Pulmonary Disease: COPD
- Food Allergies/intolerances
- Women’s Health: pregnancy, osteoporosis, anemia